09 January 2010

Men ... can be (kind of) nasty

So lately I've gotten this really icky feeling when it comes to some men. I mean, from one picking their nose on the bus, to another coughing without covering his mouth. Or how about the one that coughs into his hand on the way to the office for an interview then shakes the hand of his interviewer? What is it about (some) men that make them feel as if they don't have to conform to the common decencies set forth for (and by) the rest of us to keep germs to ones self? (That felt like a run-on but it was necessary) It's disgusting.

I know one male that I have NEVER known to wash his hands after using the bathroom. I shudder to think that I've touched something he might have following one of these nasty episodes. It's as if he's some sort of phobia to the sound of the toilet flushing. He flushes the toilet, the door opens and he appears some 10 feet from that very spot as though he didn't want the flush to splash out on him. I can't understand the aversion to washing his hands, but I fear a number two would yield the same result. *I shudder to think* Anyway, that's only one of the things that bother me about (some) men.

As some of you may know, I spend many of my days in Borders bookstore. Well the other day I did just that and I had a little too much coffee (shouts to Seattle's Best inside the store) and so I needed to pee (excuse the candor). Moving right along, I finish my business and, while zipping my pants, I walk toward the sink and notice these two Caucasian men enter the restroom. Well, I know it's not so nice of me but I immediately thought they looked to be kinda like ... well ... OK, Bears. I mean, I know I shouldn't be stereotyping but it's my damned blog, and they're my damned thoughts. You obviously wanna know, otherwise you wouldn't be reading it. Sorry, I digress. Well, I was at the sink washing my hands and my suspicions were confirmed: I looked behind me (through the mirror) and noticed one guy looking at the other guy's junk (without even trying to hide it). *smh* **SIDENOTE: People who design men's restrooms should ALWAYS place partitions between urinals. (yes, a gay man said he doesn't want strangers to be able to look at his junk)** Well, after shaking my head, I looked back that way and the other man was looking giving his gander and man number one's junk. **HAVE THESE MEN NO SHAME?** So I finished washing and drying my hands, man number one looked back at me as I was rolling my eyes and walking out the door.

It was as if he was looking at me to find out if the coast was clear. I envisioned me leaving and them animalistically (did I just create a word?) tearing each other apart. So I mean, typically you think of this sort of thing happening in some hole-in-the-wall along the interstate, but at Borders? Downtown Chicago? That is EFFEN DISGUSTING!!!!!

I'm done boring you with the nastiness that is (some) men. They just rubbed me the wrong way and I thought I'd share it with you

So that's it.
See ya next time.
Ciao4Now.

6 comments:

  1. Now you know I can not stand uncleanliness! Its unbecoming! It really is. So I wash my hands immediately coming in from work. I can not stand nasty hands. Men are very disgusting and need to be dealt with on a lot of these issues. I know for a fact the men I work with are a mess. They will have a bowel movement and leave dirty tissue all over the toilet seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly why i stopped shaking white men's hands! 'cause i never seen them wash them in the bathroom.

    FIST BUMP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dovie Lee ~ If you change your name ONE MORE TIME! LoL

    Benny ~ BUDDY! Thanks for being my continued inspiration! *fist bump* (disregarding my lack of workout inspiration).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way...from handling money to touching a keyboard or even the doors. I think I'm becoming a germaphobe...I had to wash my hands and sanitize them like three times after helping someone and that's just from them using my pen and having this awful odor coming from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure some gutter and nasty wen on after you left...Wish I coulda been a fly on the wall..lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL @ Toy Couture ~ nasty! LoL

    Oh and everyone, I forgot another SICKO thing to add to my list ... read the reprise

    ReplyDelete