09 June 2009

Starting Out/What's in a name?

Hey there fun fans ...

So this is my first blog here @ B-ond the Veil. I will start this out by saying that I am not exactly sure where I am going with this blog. I just know that I have wanted to do it for some time and have found one reason or another to avoid it altogether. At times I have allowed some other project to steal away the opportunity and others I have just procrastinated altogether. For some time I was thinking the name should be "A Dream Deferred" ... it almost was. Oh well. So, I suppose this will just be a forum of sorts. Sometimes I will just rant and/or rave about something that's going on in my life, at other times I will likely seek out your opinions on different things going on in my life or just floating around the confines of my scull; perhaps I'll throw in bits and pieces of current events. Mostly I am writing as a means of therapy - if not for myself, for you, the reader. I know that there have been many works I've read where someone else has just been "getting it all out" and it's helped me in many, many ways.

I have been reading the blog of a new "friend" of mine and I must admit, I can't get enough of his writing. I have told him that I find his 'work' to be comparable to the read of an E.Lynn Harris piece. He can take that as a compliment, blush, or even disagree if he'd like, but he definitely tells a great story. *you should definitely check him out* So, a part of my current reasoning for finally taking finger to key on this project comes from his influence and inspiration. I don't know that my blog will be as entertaining as his but I do hope you come back from time to time to check me out. I have asked around to a few people if they thought my starting a blog would be a good idea and many of them have said yes - stating my twitter posts typically keep them entertained, so delving more into my thoughts might be a good idea.

So, like I said, I didn't really know what I would call this or what it would really be about - what direction I would take it. I do know that I'll include the works of old, at least to get me started. If there are certain topics you might like for me to write about, by all means, let me know, if it tickles my fancy, I'll put my thoughts out there. But mostly, it's just about me and what I am thinking, was thinking, have thought, etc.

So let's jump right in to why I chose my blog's title. I decided to call it Beyond the Veil due to a thought I had on my way to NY for my birthday *more information on this at another time.* For those of you that know me, you know that I very seldom ride coach on the plane - not because I paid more for my seat, but simply because I asked to move up. I would say about 75% of my flights have been in the comfort of a first/business class seat. My aunt told me that you should always go to the airport dressed nicely *even nice casual* because all you have to do is ask if there is room in first-class. I guess airlines would rather the first-class section be filled and so they will give you the upgrade for free if the seat is available. Anyway, I digress, there weren't any seats available for first-class on this flight and so I had my pre-picked *thanks babe* window-seat in coach. No big deal.

Well, after we took off and reached our flying altitude, the flight attendants do their thing with the beverage/snack cart(s). Well, as typical in this situation, the flight attendant attending to the first-class passengers came to draw the partition signifying a separation between the "classes." I don't know if I have just never noticed, but this one happened to be sheer - like that of a veil. I found myself questioning if this was the way that our society does things in other industries. Do we leave the door cracked just so much that those without can see a glimmer of the nicer things in life? Do we always give that "close enough to touch but just out of reach" outlook on the better things? Where do we see this in other areas and why is it done? I found myself thinking about this for some time and realized it was definitely worth the thought I had given it and lead to many subsequent questions. The idea also leant itself to the look I am giving you - a glimpse into my soul, so to speak. How will you see me? What will you think of me once you hear it?

I will try to be very forthcoming with my postings and hope that you will bear with me as the information I feel I might give *should I be as honest as I plan* will be very personal. I have made the decision to change the names of my friends, unless I have previously asked their permission to utilize their real names. Although I won't go out of my way to talk about others, it is, at times, necessary and relevant to give the full scope of what I feel.

Because I feel I have rambled on and on enough *I tend to do that - smile* I will end this here. I guess you never know how much information you're gonna give until it's all out there. Oh well. I hope you enjoy what I have to give. I look forward to your feedback, thoughts, comments, etc, both good and bad. *did I just say that?*

Here's my life ... Beyond the Veil ...

5 comments:

  1. You talk to much. LOL. Very interesting observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I teared up when u mentioned me and my blog. Thank you so much. You're amazing. I can't wait for another entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron ... *sigh*

    Kendal ... one thing you will find about me is that I am a firm believer in giving credit when credit is due! You deserve all praises coming your way! God's bounty is upon your writing talents and I felt it necessary to declare it to everyone else. Many believe writings come about organically and without effort but, in order for this to happen, there has to be a messenger worthy of penning it in a way that captivates the audience and you do a phenomenal job of this.

    *realizes he's rambling again ... bows out quietly*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE PLANE RIDE LIKE YOU HAVE...YEH WHY DO THEY CLOSE THE FRONT AREA???HMMMMM...THATS NOT TREATING EVERYBODY EQUALLY NO PERSON IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER!

    ReplyDelete