11 July 2009

California, can you hear me??

So I know that this happened some time ago and it's obsolete as far as it's request, but I felt it necessary to post it here. As I re-read it, I immediately think to the way I express myself and how it can sometimes be perceived. I usually try and take an outside opinion when I read my work, but it can sometimes be difficult. With this post, it wasn't all that difficult, I mean, it's something that happened some 8 months ago. How fitting that I post it now ... 8 months after and it's regarding Proposition 8. OK, maybe that isn't really that exciting, but so what, humor me! The more I think about this subject, I get a wave of mixed emotions and can't really decide where I lie along the spectrum of people and their thoughts on the issue. Nonetheless, here is what I thought as of November 3, 2008. Some of my thoughts are the same and some might have changed. I can't speak to which.

Despite the fact that it was done some 8 months ago, I would still love to hear your thoughts on my opinions as well as the issue as a whole. Here are a few of my words - a relatively short post, don't you think? LoL

Originally titled California ~ November 4, 2008...

While the historic ramifications of the presidential election are quite paramount, it is also necessary to pay attention to history-making votes on other platforms as well.  Tomorrow will bring about the vote on California's "Proposition 8"  - I do know that there is also "Proposition 4" as well but for the sake of time, I won't discuss that here.

Because I live in Illinois, many question why I worry so much about this ... many also question why I am more focused on the outcome of California's local (state) politics than that of the national presidential election.  The truth of the matter is that we get away from all the real things necessary to be spoken of when it comes to election time.  How many of us are actually focusing on the issues within this general election and what each candidate stands for??  I suppose my mind has been made up for some time regarding for whom I shall cast my ballot tomorrow.  The decision for whom I want to represent me in running my country the way I see fit is already done. But because I am unable to participate in something that still means so much to me and where the ramifications are so outstretched, my greater concern lies there.  I am more focused on the outcome of this vote than which man will stand to be inaugurated in January.

I am unable to tell you how you should vote tomorrow - it just isn't my style to beat you over the head with anything and tell you what you NEED to do.  But I would greatly appreciate a serious thought process regarding what is really at stake regarding "Prop 8" with/without your vote on this issue.  If you haven't really thought much about all that is included in this "discussion" please do some research before it is too late to let your voice be heard.  If this isn't something you feel is right (on either side of the issue) - vote!  Vote from your heart.  But I would hope that you are listening to all sides and not just making a decision based on what you have been told - or what you've been conditioned to believe.  Please look within yourself and find out what is necessary to make the RIGHT decision.

The world is watching ...

Simply...VWayne

PS - here is a vid to give you the side of those who live with the wanting of equality (as the constitution currently states we should all have).  I hope I am not being too biased with this posting because I would really hope you are looking at this situation with eyes wide open ... but this video is based on my own feelings regarding the situation.

I hope you will respond to this blog whether you live in CA or anywhere else - I'd love to hear your thoughts ...

See you all at the polls






No comments:

Post a Comment