05 May 2012

30 Days Til 30: Day 29 (or "Orange Moon")

This could also be called Moon of My Life
(Yes, I've been watching "Game of Thrones"


I tend to insert Jordyn into just about every post and every conversation I have. That's sort of gross and kinda gay (LoL!). But I'm entirely in love with him and think the world of him. I know I don't always show it to him, but I talk/think about him so much that one might be lead to believe I see the world shining out of his ssa.

I don't know how many feel about their significant others or if my feelings are rare, but I tend to tell others about him - often moreso than I might tell him. Nevertheless, one song I tend to listen to quite often is Erykah Badu's "Orange Moon". It tends to speak to many pieces of me and for many reasons over the years.

I think when I first heard it, I enjoyed the possibilities it seemed to describe within an idea of a love which I had never experienced - a love within God and shared with another. I now see so much more within it. It speaks of a love so big that it seemed to overpower others, radiating so boldly that it scared them away - others who were not prepared for such a love or the possibilities of such.

Now that I've met Jordyn and subsequently met my true self within all that he tends to bring about in me, I see every piece of this song within us. She says "I'm an orange moon, reflecting the light of the sun." In my mind, this is an expression of God's light and love manifest within me. She goes on within the first verse, saying:




Many nights he was alone
Man, many, many nights
His light was too bright
So they turned away
And he stood alone
Every night and every day
Then he turned to me
He saw his reflection in me
And he smiled in me
When he turned to me
then he said to me
How good it is.
How good it is.
How good it is.
How good he is!


There isn't likely a better way to describe what Jordyn has done to me. I had once felt alone in this world - despite being surrounded by others who would wish me well. I often felt the love I was brimming to share with others was continually turned away and abused until he presented himself to me. I tend to gravitate to him because he reflects a presence not unlike my own. He exudes a love and a light that is not unlike my own. His heartbeat is felt within my own chest and his pulse runs throughout my own veins. I feel him, permeating deep within my soul, in ways that make it difficult to know who he is and who I am - where I end and he begins.



We have gone through many adversities together and we come out new and improved, all the while still being the very same. He is an absolute reflection of what comes from within and placed perfectly within my life to show me what God is for my life. He is the moon of my life, reflecting exactly what the Sun (God's light) exudes from my pores.

"Moon of My Life" - Game of Thrones

Fact about me: I am dangerously in love with him.

How good it is, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Mr. Fuller! I think you are trying to make me breakdown. After reading the latest post, I back tracked and realized that lighting does strike within the same blog twice! This is heartfelt and at this very moment, I'm realizing that true love conquers all things, as long as we keep believing and praising God for what He has done for us! This, yet again, is another beautiful payment of undoubted love that you express to my person. I know as of late, I have been in the depths of my feelings and as I continue to read your passage and homage to our commitment to one another, it lets me know that true love is our gift! I'm proud to be a Fuller and it's truly because of you, my heartbeat! I love you and keep you, forever and always! #Muah

    ReplyDelete